- Welcome to Islamic Art 101
- The Aga Khan Museum and its Collections
- Copyright Statement
- Word and Image: A Dynamic Relationship
- The Idea of the Word
- Image, Reality, and Imagination in Illustrated Manuscripts
- Portraits in Word and Image
- Paper and Parchment
- What is Islamic Art?
- Intercultural Legacies
- Word and Image in Islamic Art
- The Message of Material
- Islamic Art 101 - Course Discussion Forum (monitored and responded by AKM educators)
- Your Input Counts
- Thanks & Great Job!
Indulge your curiosity with a fascinating free self-paced online course on the basics of Islamic art. During this self-paced course, you will explore the geography and history of the Muslim world through the lens of arts and culture. With members of the Aga Khan Museum's Curatorial team as your guides, you will examine close-up the materials, techniques, and ideas that have defined Islamic art over the centuries. Islamic Art 101 is open to anyone with an interest in arts and culture. Focusing on objects in the Museum’s Collection, this course will be a treat for people familiar with the Museum as well as art lovers who have yet to visit.